2013年9月12日星期四

English Debate Competition Grand Final

Yesterday was Form 6 Interclass English Debate Competition Grand Final. I was part of my class debate team, acted as third speaker of opposition team.

To prepare this competition, I had burning the midnight oil for once, and brought netbook to school to complete my script. However, one day before the competition, which was Tuesday, I changed my mind that using the script that almost well prepared in the netbook. I wrote the important note without complete sentences, taking the risk that can’t speak well in the public.

Why was I doing so? I also have no much idea. Maybe I want to show off my English speaking skill? It’s quite impossible as I know my ability well. Maybe I just want to try to speak like that because I never try this kind of debating pattern, even in Chinese debate competition.

I don’t felt quite nervous before. I have no idea why I was not so nervous although I still can felt my heart was pounding so fast, it was much slower than it was in the last round. The competition started. Maybe because of final, there were 3 judges and before that, there was only 1 judge for each round. Okay, I had to admit that there were only 2 rounds before yesterday.

I was the last speaker before the reply speech started. I tried to finish all my points before the time ran out. However, when I was just talked about my team first point, the bell rang, indicated that I had only last minute to finish my speech. Then, I tried my best to speed up every word, every sentence, and skipped parts of the speech.

The result was announced. My team won as the champion, and I was the best speaker in the final!

I wrote this blogpost today as yesterday was too tired for me to write this. After the competition, I still had tuition to go.

没有评论:

发表评论